Watch This Mazda Miata Lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife In 07:49.74
An NC Miata with modest modifications has just lapped the world's most famous road course faster than many supercars. The slightly modified Miata laid down a 7:49:74 lap time. That is faster than some Lamborghinis and Porsches according to .
The third-generation, NC Miata was driven by Koenigsegg's test driver, Robert Serwansk, according to Motor Authority. Serwansk is no stranger to racetracks or to Miatas.
The Miata had the following modifications. Note that very few are what would be considered unusual for a street car:
- ECU Remap
- Full Exhaust and CAI
- Larger coolant radiator
- 225/45 16 track tyres, road legal
- New Coilovers with 13/7 Springs
- Aftermarket ARB front, no ARB rear.
- Uprated Brake Pads, 2 piece discs (oem size) and racing fluid
- Carbon fibre seat for driver and passenger
- 6 Point belt for driver, 4-point for passenger
- Aftermarket steering wheel
- Approx 1100kg incl ½tank of fuel and 83kg driver (subject for improvement).
- 5 speed with close ratios. 2nd gear syncro was bad so only used it in two corners while I would have like to use it in a few more.
- Light flywheel, OEM clutch
- No LSD (yes, open diff on this one).
- Welded, cro-moly rollbar
- CF Roof (not retractable anymore)
- Tubular front subframe and some reinforcements/bracing underneath